HomeArt Camp for GirlsCustom Art GalleryArt Classes

Friday, June 20, 2014

A Fabulous Friday!

What an incredible art week! Girls loving arts and crafts while building a high self esteem is my goal! Old friends reunited. New friends were made. We had the best Mrs. Mitrani's Art Camp EVER!

Thank you Mary Grace, Allie and Grace for making this week so special!
 Here's one journal entry I ran across today. WOW!!

Our theme of "PJ Party" was a huge success.  Today as I watched the girls come in with their PJ night shirts and/or PJ bottoms, along with their cute head bands, I knew the day would be one to remember!


Today both sessions did some pottery "painting," with the new Sharpie Oil Based Glass/Pottery paints. I baked all of the items at 375 for 30 minutes. They should all be dishwasher/hand wash safe. Morning girls decorated amazing popcorn bowls. These took some time because they were huge bowls! Afternoon girls embellished hot cocoa mugs. I stressed using small details, and taking time to really make the item pop!





Morning girls made a small collage using vintage style postal stickers. We also worked on our new fancy font writing.

Afternoon girls made a small collage assemblage in a tin box. We used fabric and paper. We also made a letter banner with a favorite word.






We had a great time making group photos! I hope the girls will use what they learned this summer to make other amazing projects. Please take a peek at their art journals. They're full of sketches, ideas and instructions to projects. I really enjoyed flipping through these!

Our Friday PJ Paty included yummy snacks!!





I had such a fabulous time this summer with your girls. Thank you for letting my art camp be a part of their busy summer! Hugs to all!

Artfully yours,
Mendy Mitrani